Saturday, May 8, 2010

Day 54 of 39 days of Jack

Today is Saturday and the birthday party for little Iia who turned 2 this week.  Her mom asked me to make a Hello Kitty cake and it was so much fun!  I almost want to make another just for the heck of it!  The top tier was her smash cake and in hindsight I probably should have suggested a filling other than strawberries.  When she crushed the head it looked like it was bleeding...so funny.  Lesson learned: when doing smash cakes in the shape of a head do not fill it with red berries that resemble bloody brains.  She didn't care, I think she was just happy that she had a kitty on her cake.  the adults were happy because the middle tier was layered with my Grand Marnier orange curd.  Fun day but Jack was running so fast the whole time at the party I didn't get a pick of him.  Marina's husband Josh got a few though so I will add some in if I see them on FB.

No comments:

Post a Comment