Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day 4 of 34 Days of Jack

I can't complain.  I have a very patient two year old.  Yesterday he hung out all day while I made this:
Then delivered it to the party and set up at least 200 cupcakes:
(There were still at least 200 under the table at this point) Then we came home and I finished this cake:
Currently Jack is doing this:
Don't you love the hand in the pants?  He sleeps like that almost every night.  My little angel deserves another Jack day, maybe we'll get to Disney Sea soon.  He is certainly not the most well behaved two-year-old but he blesses me with the time to do a hobby I love and in turn might become a baker himself.  When I am working on  cake he takes miscellaneous household items and food and stacks them on his play dishes.  He brings them to me and says, "look mama this is my cake, it's delicious".  He pretends to eat it and says, "mmmm yummy".   Any time I am in the kitchen these days he grabs the stool and says, "mama I want to help you".  He is quite the little helper.  He helped me unwrap 100 rolo candies for the cupcakes I made (and he didn't try to eat any!  Unfortunately, when I am working with fondant I have to watch him closely because he eats fondant like Will Ferrell eats cotton balls in the movie Elf.  If I turn my back I will hear, "oooooh these flowers taste good".  Day 4 was busy busy busy and Day 5 is the St. Patrick's Day Parade in Yokohama.  "May your blessings outnumber The shamrocks that grow, And may trouble avoid you Wherever you go.

2 comments:

  1. Sleepy little boys usually mean growth spurts. He is growing so fast already though.

    Your cakes are beautiful. The people are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe how talented you are. You have a gift, and you are a great mom. We miss you!!

    ReplyDelete