Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 15 of 34 Days of Jack

Today started out nicely. sleeping in with my little bean.  I woke up to my Ombudsman phone blowing up with a stressed spouse on the other end.  As I worked to get her the help she needed I got a phone call via Skype from a seaman recruit that is reporting to the ship in the next few months.  Next thing I knew it was 1pm so I had to get started on the cake I was making to to donate to the USO for their monthly birthday bash event.  I took the high road since I have been so busy lately and made a stacked cupcake cake.  It was fun to make and good practice since you do not see many of this style in the world of cakes.  They put them on stands usually but I rarely see them actually stacked on one another.  Jack was upset that none of the cupcakes were for him but that kid has had more cake in his life so far than most 10 year olds.  I make 3-4 cakes a week these days and my little monkey is always munching on the scraps.  After delivery we ran into the Gagen's at homes and caught Erica falling in love with a puppy.  Then we went out to dinner at Family Garden and had super yummy white pizza with Strawberry Cheesecake for dessert. Yum!
USO cupcake cake
Erica holding a super cute ball of fluff (although the $2000 price tag makes him not so cute)
Jack watching UP on his iPod while I shopped for his diapers
Jack loves Strawberries and Cheesecake!
The "Jack" way to eat efficiently 

No comments:

Post a Comment