Wednesday, September 10, 2008

This week in school...


I am currently in a Digital Image Manipulation class where we are focusing on the tools in Photoshop. Starting in week one we had to begin developing ideas for an ice cream company named Jolly Humor. The client wants to relaunch their product using non-traditional imagery and a focus on the renamed flavors. My three thumbnail concepts are above and my rough draft for the print ad is below.

I would propose to the client to put a photo upload option on the website where customers can upload their photo in hopes of becoming part of the campaign. The packaging, print ads and web design can be constantly updated with new photos that have been submitted by the customers. I think it would be great to pick up your favorite tub of ice cream and see your face on the package.

We spent the day with Keith on his ship the day before he deployed. Here's Jack showing Daddy how to do his job...(sorry for the quality, I took it with my cell phone)


Today I am grateful that Jack is happy an healthy. I am so proud of him for being such a good boy all of the time. He goes all over with me to stroller boot camp, English classes and shopping. While Keith is away, I am sure that he misses his Bean and Dad time relaxing at home...so I'll make sure to spend some time just lounging around with him. Lately he has been going a million miles a minute and then all of a sudden he'll lay down on his tummy and rest. Then it's back to full throttle destruction of everything in sight. Mom, Dad, Gram and Grandpa...hide your valuables destructo boy is on his way!

4 comments:

  1. Thank goodness Jack is there to make sure you guys stay out of trouble! He gets more handsome every time I see his picture. Good luck with your project. Talk to you soon.
    Love,
    Nona J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jenn, your project is fabulous! I'm so impressed. Makes me want some ice cream...

    We're really looking forward to your visit. We'll keep all the valuables at least 2 feet off the ground. :)

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one smart, clever girl. I am so proud of you. How fun it would be to see your own face on anything tasty like ice cream. Mint chocolate chip of course.
    I am already putting things away.
    Hugs & kisses,
    Gram

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenn you are so artistic I am going to have to have you design a website for me. Have some great cake books for you too.

    I have my apartment almost babyproofed now, have a highchair for Jack and baby safe plugs on electrical outlets. I keep looking around and trying to guess what else will attract his attention. I am so anxious to see you both. I so wish Nona Julie could meet up with us here as well.

    ReplyDelete