Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What goes in...must come out


On Saturday, Jack and I went to Yuigahama Beach near Kamakura with our playgroup. Jack wasn't too sure about the waves so we hung out in a little lagoon further up the beach. Plus there are a lot of jelly fish in the ocean and almost everyone comes out with a sting or two. Even in the shallow warm water, Jack was holding on to me like never before. It was the first time I felt that Jack thought of me as a safety net. After ten minutes or so, he got his feet wet. Then, he sat in the water. Soon he was crawling all over, splashing his face and eating sand...yes eating hand fulls of sand. So as the title states..."What goes in...must come out". The next morning, Jack had more than just peas and carrots in his poop.




The other day I made pineapple upside down cupcakes, they turned out super yummy. When I was cracking my eggs, this is what I saw:

It's either a precursor to a chicken destined to have a big butt or twins. Either way I figure it must be lucky. that night we went to a Bon Odori festival which is a local summer party. There were dancers and drummers and lots of great food. Jack and I had takoyaki (octopus dough balls) for dinner and shared the cupcakes with friends.




We have a lot of great festivals to look forward to this weekend and Keith is headed back in this direction so we should see him soon. There is a lot to celebrate in the summer; festivals, birthday's, homecomings and beautiful days. We hope everyone is having as great of a summer as we are!

2 comments:

  1. If sand is the worst thing Jack puts in his mouth, you are a lucky mama. You are having quite a summer. It makes up for the spring festivals you missed so we could get to know Jack. What a fun place to live.

    Hope that was a big chicken. If not, ouch.

    Keep having fun and remember we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing those cupcakes with us! They were delicious! Anna and I ate the whole tub of 'em!

    ReplyDelete