Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thank You Mom

"Do not weep; do not wax indignant. Understand."
– Baruch Spinoza

Today I am grateful for my patience. I spent too many years angry and mostly because I didn't take the time to learn the life lessons that were whizzing past. It's hard growing up but I am glad that along the way my mother taught me patience. Once I stopped to see the mistakes I was making, my life started on a healthier path. I can't say I wish I had done things differently, without the road I followed, I would not be who I am today. Thank you Mom for teaching me a skill that has made me a better person, a better wife and a better mom.

Thank You Comments

4 comments:

  1. Isn't it funny that as a 'girl' we do the opposite of what our moms tell us just to be independent? As you mature and become a mom yourself you look back and realize that she did know a thing or two about life. I have found over the years that my mom was almost always right on. I am grateful for the things my mom taught me as well as learning from the mistakes I have made. Isn't motherhood fabulous! Who would have thought such a small baby could teach us such big life leasons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenn, I have always believed that a person cannot learn if he or she isn't willing to learn.

    Regardless of what you have learned from any of us who have loved you from the start,itis what you have done with it that counts.

    You have come a long way on a sometimes very difficult road. Your grandfather & I are very proud of what you have done with your life, and know that you will continue to make us proud.

    Remember that we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenn,

    You have made me the happiest mother in the world. I have the best daughter ever. There's no one more beautiful, talented and creative. Now you're a mother and have all that love to give to another little being...sweet Jack. He's so lucky.

    I love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cycle continues from generation to generation. I wish I had listened to my mother a lot more. I wish I had her to talk to again. One thing I know for sure, is that when your children are happy then you are content in many ways. The older I get the more I realize that what really matters is family. Take advantage of caring for that beautiful baby Jenn. Even from a distance Jack's smiles bring me joy. Every generation we get to see and love is a gift.
    Love you all,
    Grandma Donna

    ReplyDelete