Friday, November 2, 2007

Strollin' Mama

Last week Jack and I joined the stroll'n'sculpt group at the gym on base. It is a motivated group of mommies that workout while pushing their little ones in strollers. It is challenging but exactly what the doctor ordered to get me back into shape and in turn, Jack gets a nice dose of fresh air. Today we met at the gym for a 5K run/walk to benefit Toys'for'Tots. The entry fee was an unwrapped toy so Jack brought one for a boy and I brought one for a girl. He is too young to understand "giving", and I imagine there will be a day that he will not be so forthcoming when it comes to handing over a brand new toy, but I hope he will learn by example with all of the charity work that Keith and I are involved in.

I do not feel guilty about walking the run/walk (or coming in last place)...at nine weeks postpartum, most are impressed that I have put my running shoes back on. I did my best to jog a little but my knees and ankles are still not fully recovered from being pregnant. I felt bad for the Marines that had to wait at each checkpoint until I pulled up the rear but I was proud to finish in under an hour...that was my goal. Slow and steady wins the race in my book, especially these days.

2 comments:

  1. You are a nut case! I am tired just looking at you! I sooo miss my bobble head and you. I am counting the days until I get back to you guys. Take care of your selves. Talk to you soon.
    Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Getting started is the hard part. Let the Marines wait. Seeing you & Jack is a treat for them.

    Now, if only I could find something to motivate me.

    Hugs & kisses to you and Jack. Remember we love you.

    ReplyDelete