Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Quilts, Wreaths and Scrapbooking Oh My!

"Can anything be sadder than work unfinished? Yes, work never begun."
– Christina Rossetti


I like this quote, it makes me feel way less guilty about all of my unfinished projects. I have finally achieved a system where I can keep up with the housework, including the never ending laundry. Jack has great aim with number one and number two...luckily it takes quite a bit to gross me out. As he gets bigger so do the abominations in his diapers...Keith is so proud. Speaking of Dad, I got to talk to him today...twice! He got a calling card in port, it was so great to hear his voice. He is working really hard but fortunately for him that will make the time go by quickly.


As far as my unfinished projects go, they are next on my list. Now that my day to day chores are under control I can start to task myself with things I actually enjoy doing. According to Keith I brought so much "useless" craft stuff, I should be able to keep myself busy for the whole three years we are here.

Today I am grateful for my wonderful neighbors John and Alice. They are so supportive while Keith is away and the four of us have a lot in common. Alice is three days past her due date with her first son. She's the first 40 weeks+ pregnant woman I have met that is as happy as sunshine. I felt so alone when I was pregnant because all of the other soon-to-be-mom's I met were so angry and unhappy. It's nice to see someone else who is so happy to be welcoming their new addition in to the world. It's fun to watch John look at all of the baby stuff with the classic new Dad face of "what in the heck is that for?!?" It didn't take Keith more than 30 seconds after Jack was born to become a pro, it will be the same for John. Thank you John and Alice for giving me friendship at a time when it is needed most.

1 comment:

  1. Give Alice my love. I hope to see her and baby Bruce Lee all happy and smiling next time I visit. Papa T and I send lots of hugs and kisses to you and Jack for the beautiful photo album. I've practically worn it out in only two days looking at it. We love you.
    Nona and Papa

    ReplyDelete