Monday, November 5, 2007

Gratefulness

I came across an article that says "people who recognize what they are grateful for lead happier, healthier lives". Robert Emmons, a professor at UC Davis says: "Gratitude research is beginning to suggest that feelings of thankfulness have tremendous positive value in helping people cope with daily problems, especially stress, and to achieve a positive sense of self." Time Magazine notes: "People who describe themselves as grateful...tend to have higher vitality and more optimism, suffer less stress, and experience fewer episodes of clinical depression than than the population as a whole."


Today I picked up Women's Day Magazine and it had an article about keeping a grateful journal and recording what you are grateful for each day. I think my blog is a great place to journal what I am grateful for. It would be hard not to state the obvious; I am grateful for my wonderful family, my loyal friends and most of all I am grateful for Keith and Jack who truly make my life whole. Aside from those things that I am grateful for every second of every day, today I am grateful for the Stroll'n'Sculpt class on base. It gives me a reason to get out of the house and has increased my motivation in the exercise department. The "big" hill on the walk from my house has become a piece of cake. Pretty soon I'll be able to jog up it...okay...pretty soon being January..it's good to have a goal.


I like the idea of reminding myself what I am grateful for on a daily basis instead of the American tradition of once a year on Thanksgiving. So amidst the day to day adventures of the Webber clan I will share one of the innumerable details that make my life so beautiful and charmed.

5 comments:

  1. And I am grateful for you my dear. You have become a fine, caring young woman. I am grateful that you found Keith and are making a loving, good life with each other. Jack is a wonderful addition to it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am most grateful for you! I have great peace in my heart knowing that you and Keith have found each other. I know how much he wanted a family of his own and you have provided that in ways innumerable. I could not love you as my daughter more had I have given birth to you. You make all my days better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are both very happy that you are with our grandson and for the wonderful Jack who brings us joy just looking at his happy face. I learned a long time ago that gratitude heals and liberates us all. I am grateful that you reminded me of that today. It is easy when faced with the day to day events to forget. We all are blessed in so many ways. Thanks for the reminder.
    Love to you all,
    Grandma Donna and Grandpa Larry

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S.
    I picked up my diploma and discovered I Graduated in the top 1% of my class. Magna Cum Laude
    I am really grateul for that.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first wedding photo I have seen of you Jenn and Keith. It is beautiful and you look so happy. I wish I could have been there for your special day.
    Love,
    Grandma Shirley

    ReplyDelete