Sunday, October 28, 2007

Sorry Jack, You Tiger Now


Before I go into the glorious details of our super fun day...you need to know how Jack got his costume. First watch this YouTube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4CeTglmI0

When Nona Julie and Papa T arrived they pulled a tiger costume out of their suitcase and began to laugh hysterically about a Comcast commercial where the guy on the phone says "sorry Roger, you tiger now." It was one of those "I guess you had to be there situations". All of my commercials are in Japanese so I had to be resourceful in order to see what the hoopla was all about.

So, Jack dressed up as a tiger today...so what pray tell did his mama dress up as?...A tiger catcher of course! It was the easiest last minute thing I could come up with so that we could go as a pair. I really wanted to do Olive Oil and Sweet Pea or Fiona and ogre baby...but those will be more fun next year if we can get Keith dressed up as Popeye or Shrek.



Leah and 7 month old Gavin, Jack and I got to Kawasaki a little after 1pm and the parade was scheduled to start at 2. We thought we had plenty of time to feed the boys, feed ourselves and find the parade. We got the feeding part taken care of but finding the parade was a whole other story. We walked out the east JR Kawasaki station exit first and started to worry because we were not seeing anyone else in costume. Finally I asked a policeman and he told us to go to the west JR Kawasaki exit...low and behold we started to see more people in costume. Unfortunately it was now 2:30pm and we feared that we had missed the whole parade. We walked around the plaza until 3, and then realized everyone was lining up along side the road. So the good sheep we are, we lined up with everyone else, unsure of what was coming. Fifteen minutes later we hear loud music and we can see a float headed our way! Hooray, we didn't miss it after all! Jack was sound asleep for the whole thing but I took lots of pictures of some very cool costumes. It turned out to be a great day.


Now we have 365 days to prepare for next year. Jack will be mobile by then...oh the possibilities! I love Halloween, have a happy one everybody.

3 comments:

  1. And what a sweet little tiger he is. I'm glad you had a good time on your adventure. The little elephant is a cutie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I having been waiting all day to get on here to see what I hoped would be there. As usual you did not disapoint! I love my little tiger. He is as warm and cuddly as papa and I thought he would be. I am so glad you had such a wonderful day and that you have a new friend. Now I can worry alittle less about you two.
    Hugs and lots of kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, he changes and gets bigger everyday. What a fun experience I had no idea that Japan celebrated halloween like we do. I am glad you have a fiend as well, especially while Keith is at sea. I look forward to the pictures and check each chance I get. Kiss the little tiger for us.
    Love,
    Grandma Donna and Grandpa Larry

    ReplyDelete