Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Boxes and paper and tape..oh my!

Finally...the last box was unpacked today. Two weeks isn't bad for a nine months pregnant lady and a guy pulling a 70 hour work-week. Now the challenge lies with finding a place to put everything. Keith is convinced that we will be living among towering piles of unnecessary things things for the next three years...I keep reminding him that I have never let him down before. "A place for everything and everything in its place"...my daily mantra. Now, I'll admit I may have to make one or two more trips to Ikea, but what's the downside of that?

Baby update...The hospital is watching my blood pressure very closely, I go in every Tuesday and Friday for a non-stress test. It has been steady around 135/75. Each visit they do an ultrasound to check the fluid around Jack and everything looks great. Each time they have to make a comment about how he's not shy about showing that he's a boy. He also gets very irritated by the monitors so he kicks and pushes non-stop while we are hooked up. They may want to induce early depending on how big he gets in the next week or so and we'll find out on Friday just how big he really is.

My goal today is to get Jack's room functional because as of Saturday I am full term at 37 weeks and he can come at anytime. I also figured out the diaper situation...they used to have cloth diaper service but they have all gone out of business since 2005. The disposables they sell out in the local economy go into burnable garbage, so they don't have near the environmental impact they do in the states. Whew, I wont feel so bad about using them now.

The garbage thing seemed a little overwhelming but we have it all under control now, four bins in the kitchen: pink(burnable), green(non-burnable), blue(plastic packaging) and yellow(cans, bottles, and glass). Every day except Saturday, Sunday and every other Wednesday is garbage day and each day something different goes out, today was a green day. I found another blogger's post today that deciphered why the trucks have a loudspeaker shouting a message as they pick up the garbage. He said that it is saying for 500 yen (a little less than $5) they will pick up large non-recyclable items...very helpful. We also have a loudspeaker in our neighborhood that posts weather warnings in Japanese and English as well as plays a pleasant tune at 5pm telling all of the kids to get home for supper.

It will be great when life is back to normal, it feels really good to see a light at the end of the tunnel. For all of you Google Earth users our house can be found at:
Latitude: 35°15'7.01"N
Longitude: 139°42'11.81"E
If you create a place mark and plug in those coordinates it should put a pin right on our house. If you scroll just north you can see how close we are to the water. I would post pics of the house but I would be mortified if anyone saw the condition it is in right now...soon I promise.

6 comments:

  1. You guys are suppose to save some work for us! Just relax. You will need all your energy over the next month. Counting the minutes until we are there. How am I going to ever leave!
    Lots of hugs and kisses
    Nona and Papa T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack won't care if his room isn't perfect. He will care if you are too tired to take care of him. Take care of yourself for these next weeks.
    I thought our recyling was confusing. Where do you put all those buckets?
    Grandpa & I are getting very excited about our great grandbaby.
    Remember we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Listen to your grandma Jenn, she is right. Rest so you can take care of Jack. He just needs you, food and diapers. We miss you, and wish we could see Jack right away. We feel like we have been moving. We have been cleaning and organizing closets, house and garage. I was in school when we moved in so it was a mess. When will the email be up and running?
    Hugs and kisses
    Grandma and Grandpa Schultze

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys better kick back and relax now because in less than 3 weeks the roller coaster will begin. Love you 3 sooo much and sure enjoy looking for your blogs every morning. Love David and Donna

    ReplyDelete
  5. !!"My goal today is to get Jack's room functional because as of Saturday I am full term at 37 weeks and he can come at anytime."!!!!

    Boy - were you right - my calculations is he came 1 day later - that didn't give you much time to relax. CONGRATULATIONS - You should have heard David's voice when he got the msg - for me priceless -- I think he feels like a grandpa. Hugs Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  6. !!"My goal today is to get Jack's room functional because as of Saturday I am full term at 37 weeks and he can come at anytime."!!!!

    Boy - were you right - my calculations is he came 1 day later - that didn't give you much time to relax. CONGRATULATIONS - You should have heard David's voice when he got the msg - for me priceless -- I think he feels like a grandpa. Hugs Dawn

    ReplyDelete